College Media Association has been working since 1954 to help student media professionals improve their media operations.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The College Media Association supports student media programs and professionals through education and community.
President Chris Whitley: General inquiries and conventions
- Email: CHRISTOPHER.WHITLEY@tccd.edu | Elected term for President-elect runs October 2019 – October 2021. Whitley stepped in as President in December 2020 to fill Griffin’s vacancy. President term runs October 2021-2023.
President-Elect Jackie Alexander: Strategic partnerships, diversity and inclusion, advocacy.
- Email: email@example.com | Term runs October 2021 – October 2023.
VP of Member Support Hillary Warren: Awards, contests, Hall of Fame, membership.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Term runs October 2021 – October 2023.
VP of Member Training Fred Batiste: Certifications, confabs, education.
- Email: email@example.com | Term runs October 2021 – October 2023.
Treasurer Sacha DeVroomen Bellman: Finance and fundraising.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Appointed September 2022. First term runs October 2022-October 2024.
Secretary Joe Gisondi: Bylaws, College Media Review, communications and elections.
- Email: email@example.com | Appointed September 2022. First term runs October 2022-October 2024.
James graduated with a bachelor’s degree in communications from Iona College and is currently pursuing his MBA at CUNY Baruch College. During his time at Iona, he wrote for an electronic music publication, garnering more than 300 bylines and covered dozens of music festivals and concerts across New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
He joined Kellen in 2015 and currently serves as the executive director for the American Society of Journalists and Authors, the Home Fashion Products Association and the New York Society of Association Executives. James was born and raised in Long Island and currently resides in Manhattan’s Upper West Side.
Brittany is CMA’s meeting manager with over 10 years of experience leading event strategy and execution, corporate partnerships, and marketing & communications initiatives. She manages a number of associations with meetings ranging from hundreds of attendees to thousands both national and international.
Previously she was a corporate event planner for a women’s professional development company aiming to promote women in business. She led the logistical planning and execution of dozens events annually in Atlanta and Chicago, ranging from private events, workshops, and annual conferences. She also briefly trotted the global as a Delta flight attendant after graduating college.
Brittany graduated magna cum laude from Kennesaw State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications and a minor in Marketing. She was a member of Phi Mu Fraternity where she held a number of leadership roles.
355 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10017
CMA headquarters: (212) 297-2195
Meredith Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)