Six student photographers earn shout-out during Shoot-out
In the week since, 22 judges including professional photojournalists, college media advisers and others went through the entires still available for viewing.
The judges chose to recognize six photographers.
- FIRST PLACE Jubenal Aguilar, Brookhaven College (Daniel Rodrigue, adviser)
- SECOND PLACE Megan Burke, Missouri State University (Jack Dimond, adviser)
- THIRD PLACE Don M. Green, Southern University (Heather Freeman, adviser)
- HONORABLE MENTION AND CLASS FAVORITE Ryan Weier, Central Washington University (Jennifer Green, adviser)
- HONORABLE MENTION Ryan Welch, Missouri State University (Jack Dimond, adviser)
- HONORABLE MENTION Alexander Fu, Central Washington University (Cynthia Mitchell, adviser)
The other judges included college media advisers, other professional photojournalists, freelance photojournalists, other photography instructors.
Aaron Babcock, Amber Billings, Becky Tate, Bretton Zinger, Carole Babineaux, Cary Conover, Clint Smith, Deanne Brown, Diane Bolinger, Edmund Low, Eric Thomas, Greg Cooper, Griff Singer, Ian McVea, Jane Blystone, Janis Hefley, Jed Palmer, Jim McNay, John Beale, John Skees, Kevin Kleine, Kingsley Burns, Kyle Phillips, Laurie Hansen, Lillie Schenk, Logan Aimone, Margaret Sorrows, Mark Murray, Matt Garnett, Matt Stamey, Mitchell Franz, Pat Gathright, Sherri Taylor, Stern Hatcher, Steve Dearinger, Tom Hallaq and Toni Mitchell.
After the photographers had more than two days to complete the assignment, “The Big D,” Kevin Kleine of Berry College, Sam Oldenburg of Western Kentucky and Bradley Wilson of Midwestern State provided a critique of all the images.