Submissions to College Media Review
CMR educates and informs advisers on how to teach, advise and produce collegiate student media.
- Our audience is primarily faculty and staff engaged in college media advising. Content is tightly focused to the concerns of college media and includes essential news and opinion on all facets of collegiate media advising.
- Length limit is 5,000 words.
- Style: Text for non-refereed articles follows Associated Press style.
- Art: Black-and-white and/or color photography or graphics should be submitted in digital format. Art files (particularly charts and graphs) may be embedded in the text of an article for placement but should be submitted as additional stand-alone files. Please provide credit/copyright information for all art submitted.
- CMR prints first-time material only, unless the material has been specifically requested from another publication. When seeking publication, a query is suggested.
- CMR seeks authoritative articles rather than anecdotal.
- For all articles for which it is appropriate, a service journalism approach is encouraged.
- CMR prefers articles written in third person; exceptions may be made under extenuating circumstances.
- Articles must be submitted electronically, in either Microsoft Word or basic text format. E-mail articles as attachments to Editor Lisa Lyon Payne (firstname.lastname@example.org). Include a 60-word biography that includes current position, media advised, and key prior experience.