Submissions to College Media Review
CMR educates and informs advisers on how to teach, advise and produce collegiate student media.
- Our audience is primarily faculty and staff engaged in college media advising. Content is tightly focused to the concerns of college media and includes essential news and opinion on all facets of collegiate media advising.
- Length limit is 5,000 words.
- Style: Text for non-refereed articles follows Associated Press style; text for refereed manuscripts follows Chicago style.
- Art: Black-and-white and/or color photography or graphics should be submitted in digital format. Art files (particularly charts and graphs) may be embedded in the text of an article for placement but should be submitted as additional stand-alone files. Please provide credit/copyright information for all art submitted.
- CMR prints first-time material only, unless the material has been specifically requested from another publication. When seeking publication, a query is suggested.
- CMR seeks authoritative articles rather than anecdotal.
- For all articles for which it is appropriate, a service journalism approach is encouraged.
- CMR prefers articles written in third person; exceptions may be made under extenuating circumstances.
- Articles must be submitted electronically, in either Microsoft Word or basic text format. E-mail articles as attachments to Editor Robert Bergland (email@example.com). Include a 60-word biography that includes current position, media advised, and key prior experience.
- The peer-reviewed section includes research that quantifies trends, documents theories, identifies characteristics and disseminates information for and about collegiate media and advising.
- Each manuscript should be submitted as an attachment to Associate Editor Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver (firstname.lastname@example.org). Manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word format and double-spaced in 12-point Times Roman. Refereed articles that are rejected may be resubmitted for the non-refereed section of CMR and will be considered if appropriate.
- Contributing writers will be notified within 90 days in most cases. College Media Review will gladly comply with any requests for verification letters confirming acceptance of an article.
CMR Board of Reviewers
- Ralph Braseth, Loyola University Chicago
- Vince Filak, University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
- Robert Jaross, Florida International University
- Amy Kilpatrick, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Kay Colley, Texas Wesleyan University
- Adam Maksl, Indiana University Southeast
- Shawn W. Murphy, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Ken Rosenauer, Missouri Western State University
- Trum Simmons, Harrisburg Area Community College
- Roger Soenksen, James Madison University
- Laura Widmer, Northwest Missouri State University