Through the lens at CMA Convention
At the College Media Association national convention in New York City, 22 students participated in the on-site photography class competition — the ever-popular Shoot-out.
- First place — Siddharth Gaulee, University of Louisiana—Monroe, Christopher Mapp, adviser
- Second place — Pooja Pasupula, University of North Carolina—Charlotte, Wayne Maikranz, adviser
- Third place — Hunter Crenian, University of Miami, Tsitsi Wakhisi, adviser
- Honorable mention and class favorite — Hunter Crenian, University of Miami, Tsitsi Wakhisi, adviser
- Honorable mention — Charlene Pan, Rice University, Kelly Callaway, adviser
As part of the contest, participants had to document “one moment in time.” The students had about two days to submit one or two images with captions. Continue reading Shoot-out brings out best in photojournalists