Sound advice from the Mega Workshop
By Bradley Wilson, CMR Managing Editor
Quickly, the students stated the obvious.
- We tell stories
- We all individually tell stories
- We have deadlines
- We’re nosey. We’re curious as well.
- We’re skeptical.
- We follow a set of ethical standards
- We’re passionate. When you lose that passion that’s when u go into cynicism.
- We’re here for the truth. People wonder what the truth is these days.
- We’re tough. Only heard three or four of you say yeah.
- We ask the tough questions.
Then Hight turned the talk into what he really wanted students to start thinking about.
He asked, “I’ve always learned how journalists are resilient. Is that a myth?”