RESEARCH: Black and White and Still Read All Over
Journalism Majors Not Available
Transition Into Academic Environs
REVIEW: Never in My Wildest Dreams: A Black Woman’s Life in Journalism Book is both moving memoir and fascinating journey into U.S. history.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE — College Media Review (ISSN 0739-1056) is published quarterly online by College Media Association, Inc. © 2012 College Media Association, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Visitors may provide links to the copyrighted material on this site; however, no content may be republished without the expressed written permission from College Media Review
By Carolyn Schurr Levin
What happens when a crisis hits, as it did when Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast, only to be followed the following week by a nor’easter?
By Pat Winters Lauro
“She posted a picture to Pinterest and it just exploded.”
MILEPOSTS First Amendment Fundamentals for 2012.
By Frank LoMonte
Four noteworthy First Amendment cases for college media in 2012.
POLITICS 2012 Crafting Election Coverage on Campus
By Dan Malon & Sarah Maben
Covering elections provide reader service and a practical way to enhance journalism instruction.
College Media focus of research activities
College Media Review’s Research Annual is now available for download from this site.
Volume 52 for CMR contains peer-reviewed research relating to college media and its practitioners that was published by the College Media Review (CMReview.org) during the 2014-2015 Academic Year.
To download a copy of this volume, CLICK HERE.
For previous editions of the Research Annual, see the “Archive” link at the top of the home page.
- Research (Vol. 52) Do college students want to see political news in their newspaper?
- German student offers tips on being College Photographer of the Year
- Teaching journalism beyond our newsrooms
- Convergence can work…
- Story is story, regardless of medium
- Advisers should teach, nudge, offer advice and listen
- Research (Vol. 52): Guiding principles in an age of instantaneous publication
- Prevention of college media adviser firings
- Advisers under fire (and fired)